Binaries for Hardware Accelerated Qt 5.5.0 Multimedia Backend on Raspberry Pi 1 and 2 (5.0.0 beta 1)
These are two packages containing binaries for PiOmxTextures (POT) for Raspberry Pi 1 and 2 running Raspbian.
- Completely changed approach to GPU buffer and structure allocations. This should avoid interrupting the renderer thread during execution of commands and, in the future, to avoid the need for patching Qt Multimedia.
- Reusing textures when possible instead of reallocating when not needed.
- Fixed a few bugs reported on github.
- Speed up start/stop by removing the need for closing and reopening the streams.
- Changed screen update procedure. This seems to improve performance again a bit than before.
- Merged changes from omxplayer.
- Bump ffmpeg to 2.7.2.
- Added QML samples (these are not contained in the package, some are in the github repo).
The information provided for previous builds apply.
NOTE: If you need information on how to use this build, please refer to this little procedure.