Fully Optimised Raspbian Jessie Lite with Accelerated Qt Multimedia Backend (Pi2)
This is a follow-up to the image provided in this article. The concept is identical, but in this case this firmware is smaller, it is based on Raspbian Jessie Lite and includes updated software. The firmware was 1.9GB while now is 759MB. This is the current setup (but I encourage to update to the latest possible firmware):
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ vcgencmd version Feb 25 2016 14:25:47 Copyright (c) 2012 Broadcom version dea971b793dd6cf89133ede5a8362eb77e4f4ade (clean) (release) pi@raspberrypi:~ $ uname -a Linux raspberrypi 4.1.18-v7+ #846 SMP Thu Feb 25 14:22:53 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
Download the image here (md5: 06d75d03f63674350be6cb807850bf09).
(Please be patient while downloading and decompressing)
The image includes:
- Qt 5.6.0-rc1: built for armv7 with neon optimisations, including support for touch screens, gstreamer, libinput, tslib, and Bluetooth/Bluetooth BLE using bluez (complete configuration below).
- QtWebKit 5.6.0: includes WebKit 1 and WebKit 2.
- QtWebEngine 5.6.0-rc1: multimedia only based on ffmpeg.
- Dependant libs: evdev, icu (not the one provided by raspbian), mtdev, libts.
- Samples: samples from the repo to test POT.
- POT: POT version 5.2.1 including ffmpeg 2.8.6.
To have a quick look at multimedia in Qt/QML test with this commands:
/usr/local/Qt-rasp2-5.6.0-rc1/bin/qmlscene "some_video_file" samples/video_simple.qml /usr/local/Qt-rasp2-5.6.0-rc1/bin/qmlscene "some_url" samples/webkit_simple.qml /usr/local/Qt-rasp2-5.6.0-rc1/bin/qmlscene "some_url" samples/webengine_simple.qml /home/pi/piomxtextures_pocplayer --multipleanimtest "720p_video_1" "720p_video_2"
Please let me know if you find something wrong and file a bugreport on https://github.com/carlonluca/pi.
Have fun! 😉